Liquid teflon is the form in which this fluoropolymer appears when applied in thin layers to a substrate.
Application and properties of liquid teflon
Dependendo das propriedades que o revestimento deve ter, um tipo de teflon líquido ou outro deve ser escolhido:
- According to anti-adherence or release capacity: Teflon FEP
- According to working temperature: Teflon PTFE
- According to lubrication: Teflon PTFE
- According to its smoothness: Teflon FEP
- According to their hardness and abrasion resistance: Teflon PFA
Liquid teflon base
The composition and characteristics of the liquid teflon raw material also depend on the base with which it is worked.
- Water base: Fluor polymers must be uniform with a diameter between 0.15-0.3 μm. Surfactants or surfactants in dispersion are used at 5-10% of the weight, providing low viscosity and good stability.
- Solvent base: very fine powdered fluoropolymers are used in polymer resins.