Arkema is a world leader in the production of PVDF and has invested more than 50 years in developing high-quality Kynar® PVDF resins for advanced applications in renewable energy, such as batteries and photovoltaic panels, as well as weight reduction in the automotive and in coatings with special resistance to the weather.
Kynar 500® FSF® resin and coatings formulated with Kynar Aquatec® are examples of new developments with high resistance to outdoor weather conditions in architectural coatings, demonstrating the durability of Kynar® PVDF resins. Arkema continues to allocate significant resources to the research and development of sustainable technologies for new PVDF applications.
Properties and benefits of Kynar® coatings
Kynar® PVDF is noted for its excellent chemical resistance, making it a versatile material for a wide variety of applications, from handling aggressive chemicals to solutions for the fiber optic industry and architectural coatings.
Main properties of Kynar®
- Great resistance to sunlight / UV exposure
- Exceptional chemical resistance to a wide range of aggressive chemicals
- Radiation resistance
- Fire/flame retardant and smoke properties
- Easy to apply with industry standard equipment and easy to handle afterwards, such as welding and machining
- Extreme purity for the most demanding applications
- Extreme electrochemical stability
- Excellent resistance to abrasion
- Thermal resistance range: RTI 150ºC